Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Home for Maddie's Little Monkeys

Sue gave Maddie the little monkey skittles. They have lots of personality - too much to live in a bag, so I made up a more permanent home and display for the.
Started with a piece of Cyprus Pine I slabbed with Mike Alston about 35 years ago in Bacchus Marsh.

It is a lovely piece of timber to work. I would normally have cut the trenches for top and bottom with the electric router. Now days I prefer the quieter hand cut methods.

Here are the little monkeys on display

The replacement ball has a 'deliberate' bias  so when playing skittles with the girls I will have a little advantage.

WHen I was waiting for the glue to dry I practised my 'lapped dovetails'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Geoff, When are you free to come out for a spin with Jacques and I?
I dont know if you have been getting my text messages? if not have you got a new mobile no. I can hassle you on?

Cheers
Red