Ribs almost finished. Will now need to work out how to cut the center-board slot in the keel.
Went to Queencliffe Maritime Museum to check out more details on Aerial and found that they have and additional exhibit - this one is a recently built 1" to 1 ' replica of Maud. Looks very nice. The builder has an exceptional eye for detail.
Also for $20 got a set of plans of Hero. These plans are in greater detail that those I am using. They give deck layout, so will be very helpful at this time of the build.
4 comments:
Hi Geoff thats a nice build your doing not really into boats but like seeing others work.
Interest in the last photo with the bloke in it, is that you? If not looks like and old mate of mine a coach driver haven't seen for a while now.
Ray
Hi Ray, that's me in the pic. No coach driving in my past. ... I should do something about that. Cheers Geoff.
Hi Geoff,
I've embarked on the journey to build my first scratch built model from a set of 1:24 plans, I've scaled down from the A0 to A1 to get closer to 1:12. Can I ask what scale you built to?
regards
Edward
Hi Edward, you will certainly have a good time with your scratch build. And very rewarding. do keep me posted on your progress. Reading the books on scale building, I found that there are several 'standard ' scales which people use.. I didn't adopt a specific scale for this build, rather I determined a general size I liked... This was based upon looking that the Queenscliff Maritime Museum models at 1 " to a foot, and felt that this size too big in terms of where I would put the boat when finished. So, (please don't be critical now) my scale is 14mm to the foot. 1/2 inch to the foot was too small. Cheers Geoff
Post a Comment