Up this morning at a sparrows fart to get the airporter to Avalon where a shinny Jetstar A320 awaited. Bit sad to leave Gaye and Sue and little Mikaela behind. Very pleasant surprise when at checkin, the girl asked if I would like extra legroom. I hesitated wondering when did Jetstar start using the 'ol MacDonald's fries with that?' Up sell. She noticed my reluctance and said it was at not extra cost. Cool. Love the extra legroom.
The purpose of the trip? Headed North away from 3.5 deg, feels like 0, for some sailing in and around the Whitsundays with my ol'mate Phil.
Phil has invited me to sail on Charlie's Bavaria 45, 3c's for the Arlie Beach and Hamilton Island Races. Will be accommodated at the Amira on the mainland for the first week then of to the Blue Pearl on Hamilton for the second. Not dissin backpackers, but a small step up from the usual, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment