Last week, I had a little more cash in my pocket, today we are a little poorer, but the workshop is enriched with lots more tools. It now sports, along with the bandsaw, a DeWalt 13" thicknesser, a Carbatec 6" jointer, a Triton combination, disk/belt/bobbin sander. a Triton 235 power saw and a router table. All second hand, but in great nic. All I have to do now is produce some worthy projects that I couldn't have done with my hand tools previously.
The pride of all the purchases is an Irwin #7 Record Smoothing Plane. Funny how it is the old style hand tools which hold all the appeal.
I have been using a router by hand for so long now I cant remember. It is a real pleasure to have it permanently mounted on a table. Make cuts far more accurate and reduces the number of errors dramatically.
The thicknesser and jointer will enable me to buy rough sawn timber (hopefully at much reduced prices) and cut it to size accurately.
The power saw at 3 1/4 HP is a beast and it is unlikely I will be using it by hand, so I have my eye out for a table to mount it on. And then I'm done. I think that's it for the capital items. Oh, unless a Triton Router comes up. They are fare more easily adjustable than mine in the table setting.
No comments:
Post a Comment