Life is not to be measured in the number of breaths we take, but in the number of moments we make.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Temporarily Out of Action
Had a great sail last week end, but paid the price. Red and Pat were down early - like 9:00am, they were getting some good sailing in on a 18knot N'Wester. By the time I rigged and hit the water, it had faded to 12 knots with the occasional planing gust. I apologised for ruining the day for them. As it turns out my apology was a bit early. The wind increased to a stead 20 k with gusts to 30. It was on one of the 30k gusts, still on the 7.5 and Hyper, that I stepped off, hitting the fin with my shin and taking a very nice 6 inch strip of skin of the front of my shin. This injury is not unlike the one I sustained at Coco Beach a few years ago, so I am a little reticent in getting it wet before it is fully healed. I could post a photo, but I think it better left off.
Labels:
Windsurf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment