Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sandy Point Shorts

I took one for the team yesterday when I didn't rig up and take on the unexpectedly brilliant conditions at Sandy Point. (Mind you I did get my fill the day before - when I had the place all to myself.) August is very early in the season for a brilliant Sou'Wester and this combined with an early afternoon low tide meant the conditions at The PiT could only be described as "Champagne Sandy Point". Here are a couple of clips for those who couldn't make it.

Cam resigned to watching and providing moral support.


Tony Wynhoven
Average speed
43.06 knots ( 43.9 43.77 43.06 42.28 42.26 )
Max. GPS (display)
44.98 knots
Max. 2 sec. (software)
44.68 knots


Craig Hollins
Average speed
40.14 knots
Max. 2 sec. (software)
40.54 knots


Ian Fox
Average speed
42.52 knots ( 43.4 43.03 42.54 41.86 41.77 )
Max. GPS (display)
44.3 knots
Max. 2 sec. (software)
44.15 knots


Andrew Daff
Average speed
41 knots ( 42.1 41.31 40.71 40.58 40.32 )
Max. GPS (display)
43.15 knots
Max. 2 sec. (software)
43.12 knots

No comments: